Nancy's trees were fun to make for our November 2016 Bee block. I did follow Mary's suggestion to cut the base larger first, before slashing and sewing. I left them large so that Nancy could trim them to her liking (making the slant so she likes it). Very fun!
Then I ordered some Anna Maria Horner fabrics when Elizabeth posted her block, and they came really quickly from Hawthorne Threads. I combined them with some I already had and used a Chuck Nohara block (#1290) as the basis for my designs.
I realized that the block I had requested from you all in January wouldn't look that great all by itself (it needs at least four to look great), so I asked Elizabeth R. if I could do a different block, and she agreed. Hope these two (a 9" and a 12") will work into your sampler quilt. It will be fun to see it when you get everything together!
I've enjoyed quilting with all my bee-mates for the last four years, and am glad Cindy asked us to come together in a Mid-Century Modern Bee: many thanks to her.
I'll miss you all!